Christmas time shouldn’t just be about getting and giving presents, it should be about getting together with family and sharing stories and eating good food and good wine. It is still nice however, to have something to give, no matter how small, to those you love. I have found some very clever and thoughtful last minute DIY gifts that you can make in no time!
THE COOKIE CARE PACKAGE
The cookie care package is a one bowl wonder that will satisfy any home chef with this winning combination on chocolate and macadamia. Divide the following ingredients into three 375g mason jars, layering each element with a spoon for a neat finish.
- 2.5 cups plain flour
- 1 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1 cup macadamia nuts (roughly chopped)
- 210g milk chocolate chips
On the gift tag write: Add 84g softened butter, 1 small egg and 1/4 vanilla extract. Bake for 20 minutes on 180° C (356 F) One jar makes 12 scrumptious cookies.
WHIPPED COCONUT OIL BODY BUTTER
I love this whipped coconut oil body butter recipe, it only has one ingredient! Coconut oil.
It’s low cost and low effort but with maximum results. Simply scoop solid coconut oil, don’t use melted coconut oil first as it will only whip when solid, into an electric mixer, and whisk on medium/high speed for 6-7 minutes or until it is light and fluffy in consistency. Spoon into a decorative jar and tie a personalised label around the lid with bakers twine. Store at
room temperature, hot temperatures may cause it to melt.
for a fragranced body butter add essential oils as desired.
OVERNIGHT ORGANIC SOAP
This four ingredient recipe requires:
- .45 kg (1 lb) Organic soap base – purchase that here.
- 28 g (1 oz) peppermint essential oil
- 113 g (4 oz) naturally scented cocoa butter
- 1 tsp cocoa powder (for baking)
- Muffin tray
1. Unwrap the block of soap base and cut it into one inch cubes. Place cubes into a glass mixing bowl and heat in microwave for 3 min intervals or use a double boiler, Stir, breaking up any larger pieces. Return to microwave. Heat at 30 second intervals until fully melted. Stirring every 30 seconds.
2. Break the cocoa butter into pieces and stir into the melted base.
3. Whisk in 1tsp cocoa powder until evenly distributed and not clumpy. If your solution cools, put it back in the microwave for 20 second intervals until workable again.
4. Add one drop of peppermint oil at a time, while stirring until the desired scent is achieved.
5. Pour the mixture into ungreased muffin trays, filling all the way to the top. Don’t move the trays for 15 minutes. Then let the soap cool and harden for approximetly five hours.
6. To remove the soaps, fill up your sink with 1-2 inches of very hot water and float the tray in the water for a few minutes. This will loosen up the bars so they’ll slide right out of the trays.
Dressed in brown paper and a simple ribbon this organic soap is a great stocking stuffer!
DIY REVERSIBLE INSTAGRAM TILES COASTERS
These make a gorgeous gift for your friends that are Instagram fanatics!
What you’ll need:
- Decorative tiles
- Instagram prints, printed out on photo paper slightly larger than the size of the tiles and then cut to size.
- Mod Podge
- Multi purpose liquid sealer
First, flip your tiles and coat with a layer of Mod Podge.
Layer a coat of Mod Podge over the image and let dry for another hour.
Once dry finish with a few coats of the multi-purpose liquid sealer, this dries clear and will protect the tile and your photo from water damage.
Like these ideas? Join our experts!