The Most Amazing Chewy Golden Ginger Cookie Recipe!
All hail the cookie. This is one to pin, print and save in your recipe book as you will be making this on the regular. If you like soft gingerbread then you will LOVE this soft, chewy and decadent cookie recipe which was done and washed up with two cookies in ma belly in 40 minutes!
My father dearest bought me a massive bag of crystallised ginger when I had the snuffles, naaaw dads. Aren’t they the best? Anyways, it relieved (temporarily) my blocked nose but afterwards was so put off them I had to find another use for these sweet treats… thus was born, THE MOST AMAZING CHEWY GOLDEN GINGER COOKIE!
- 2 1/4 Cups – Wholemeal plain flour, can use all-purpose
- 1 – Egg
- 1 Tsp – Bi-Carb Soda
- 1 Tsp – Ground ginger
- 1/2 Tsp – Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp – Pink Himalayan salt
- 3/4 Cup – Organic butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 Cup – Rice Malt Syrup
- 1/2 Cup – Organic stevia
- 1/4 Cup – Molasses
- 1 Tsp – Chopped crystallised ginger
- 1/3 Cup – Granulated sugar crystals, for rolling
- Get two big old bowls, preheat your fan forced oven to 150 degrees, normal oven to 180 and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Sift flours with bi-carb soda, cinnamon and salt in a bowl
- Beat butter with stevia in a large bowl till the butter starts getting lighter, with stevia it never really gets light and fluffy like it does with white sugar.
- Beat in egg, molasses, chopped ginger.
- Slowly incorporate the flour mixing as you go until all just combined.
- Scoop dough and roll into a ball, then coat with granulated sugar.
- Cook in the oven for ten minutes or until just going golden.
- Cool completely and enjoy!
Will keep in an airtight container for a week or you can freeze for a month, but like you are going to have them that long though!
Keep in touch!