What if I told you you only had to buy the following vegetables only once again this year? You don’t even need a garden. The following list of 10 Veggies To Buy Once and Regrow Forever! Seriously magic and most can be regrown on a window sill. Stop throwing out those scraps and cut back on your grocery bill.
1. Spring Onions / Scallions. Keep the white bit with the roots and keep in a cup of water in a sunny spot. It can grow 1cm a day! I haven’t bought spring onions in over 6 months. Just change the water every other day.
2. Romaine Lettuce. Keep the head and place in a cup of water and it will regrow.
3. Basil. Regrow Basil from cuttings, place in some water in partial sun and it will start growing roots! Plant in the ground when it resembles the picture below.
4. Onions. Grown from sprouted onion tops, just place in the earth.
5. Carrots. Regrown from the discarded ends, placed in a shallow dish of water the greens will take off.
6. Celery. Grown from the base in water, once it’s starts sprouting you should plant in the ground.
7. Leeks. Place ends in a cup of water and kept in a sunny spot.
8. Bok Choy. Along with the onions and celery you can grown bok choy from it’s discarded base.
9. Ginger. Just plant a section in the ground for fantastic spice forever.
10. Garlic. Place a bulb that has began sprouting in the ground.
Did you like this post?